Ultra-Max Forward Folding Planters – 12 and 16 rows
Double Beam Construction for non No-Till planters with fertiliser openers up to 460mm diameter. TRI-FLEX WING FOLD DESIGN 15° up & down wing flex
Triple Beam Construction for all planters including No-Till with 510mm fertiliser single disc or No-Till openers. TRI-FLEX WING FOLD DESIGN 15° up & down wing flex.
Two wheel sizes available :
- 285 wide for 76,2 row spacing
- 365 wide for 91,4 row spacing
ULTRA-MAX forward folding planter positions :
ULTRA-MAX forward folding planters are offered with :
A ) Standard mechanical options
- Contact Drive
- Fertiliser hoppers on the row
- Row markers
B ) Advanced options
- Hydraulic drive for variable application rates
- Electronic control through an ISOBUS terminal
- Central fertiliser bulk hopper & pneumatic distribution
Row Cleaner Options
Seed Metering Unit
- Less doubles and skips – The flat seed disk of the Monosem seed metering unit is less sensitive to seed size and shape. It picks up multiple seeds and the access pips get knocked of higher up in the metering unit. Conventional seed meters try to ensure single seed pickup with pockets or grooves on the seed disk. This is only effective when the seeds are uniform in size and shape.
- Better seed spacing – The flat seed disk allows seeds to fall straight down from the seed disc at the 5 hour mark. The lower drop position decreases the likelihood of mispositioned seed in the seed furrow. The seed wiper at the bottom of the Monosem seed metering unit ensures that seeds fall down the centre of the seed tube. This accuracy ensures the correct positioning of each pip in the planted row.
- Adjustable – The seed singulator is adjustable to fit different seed types (maize, soja, sunflower etc.). You can check for doubles or skips through the control window. You don’t have to make constant adjustments to get the perfect seed spacing. The Monosem system is not sensitive and you don’t have to adjust the vacuum.
- Durable – The Monosem seed metering unit is made of aluminium. The agitator, singulator and seed wiper are made of bronze. The components are machined to the micron and calibrated at the factory for life.
- Affordable replacement parts – It takes years to have to replace the wear gasket or seed disk. The seed disk is made of 1.5mm stainless steel. The wear gasket of Polyacetal Copolymer has superior friction and wear resistance characteristics.
(1) Cover (outside) Cast aluminium (2) Control Window, Operator can easily see the result of his adjustments (3) Clean Out Trap Door (4) Brass Seed Wiper directs seed release to guarantee precise seed spacing (5) Adjustable Brass Singulator Eliminates doubles without creating skips (6) Seed Disc 1.5mm stainless steel (7) Brass Agitator (8) Seed Drop Point Right above seed tube (9) Wear Gasket Teflon gasket behind seed disc will last for many years (10) Hold Down Plate (11) Meter Main Body
Closing Wheel Options
(1) Two Lever Adjustable Rear Wheel Bracket ( adjustable toe-in, toe-out and down force ) with (a) 25mm Narrow Rubber, (b) 50mm Wide Rubber or
(c) Steel Finger Wheels
(4) Special Bracket for (e) Closing Disc & (f) Flat Single Wheel
Dry Fertiliser Bins
600 litre capacity dry fertiliser bin are made from a heavy duty polyethylene that is lightweight but still highly durable. The lightweight tanks allow for larger fertiliser loads to be used and effectively reduces down time due to refilling.
Double Beam Construction
No-Till Coulter & Double Disc Combo
Triple Beam Construction
No-Till Coulter & Tine Combo
No-Till Coulter & Double Disc Combo
510 mm Single Disc Fertiliser Opener
The rain cap (1) can be taken off to enable the tractor driver to see the fertiliser flow. Should there occur a blockage in the opener, the fertiliser will overflow through opening (a) even if the rain cap is in place.
Emptying, cleaning and checking of the FertiSystem auger is made easy. Just clip off two latches and the front spout (2) can be taken off. Thereafter the auger screw (4) can be pulled out by hand.
The overflow plate (3) inside the outlet spout ensures uniform fertiliser distribution even if the planter runs uphill, downhill or leans sideways on slopes. The corkscrew design of the FertiSystem auger screw make it self cleaning and fertiliser is unable to clog around this screw even if damp or
Pro Wheel Option
The press wheel has been used for years on the vegetable and sugarbeet planters. MONOSEM has adapted this concept to the multipurpose planters with a large diameter press wheel, the PRO wheel.
Consistent pressing ♦ Improved plant emergence ♦ Optimal germination ♦ Better seed placement quality
Large diameter press wheel
The PRO wheel in aluminium has a stainless steel coating and a plastic scraper. Wide diameter (295mm), it keeps its shape and offers a quality pressing and a better seed placement. By improving the seed-to-soil contact, the emergence is more rapid and regular.
Integrated hooking up system
When the conditions are not suitable for the use of the PRO wheel, it can be very quickly retracted. Just lift the PRO wheel up by hand and lower the lock with the other. And the wheel is no longer in contact with the ground.
The packing down pressure of the PRO wheel is adjustable. It is combined with the pressure adjustment of the rear packing unit (a).
Independant from the planting system and the rear press unit, the PRO wheel follows the ground contours for a